Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Use Pampered Chef Gingerbread House Mold. Makes 1 Gingerbread House Source: Family Heritage Gingerbread mold collection
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- Lightly spray the mold with nonstick cooking spray; blot out any excess oil using paper towel.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, salt and cloves; mix well.
- In large mixing bowl, beat shortening and sugar until blended. Add molasses and egg; beat until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture; mix well.
- Shape dough into a ball; divide dough into 2 portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap; chill 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press 1 portion of dough firmly into prepared mold, filling all sections. Holding serrated knife parallel to the surface of the mold cut excess dough from mold.
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to cooling rack. Cool in mold 5 minutes. Carefully remove cookie pieces from mold; cool completely. Cool mold completely before filling with remaining dough.
- Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
- Note: It is only necessary to fill the chimney section of the house once.