I have loved this recipe since I first saw a demonstration of making it and then had the pleasure of tasting it at a Pampered Chef party years ago.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°F Chop chicken and broccoli using food chopper; place in 2 quart batter bowl. Chop bell pepper using 5" utility knife; add to batter bowl. Press garlic over vegetable mixture using garlic press. Shred cheese using cheese grater and add to vegetable mixture; mix gently. Add mayonnaise, dill mix, and salt; mix well using scraper. Unroll 1 package of crescent dough; do not separate. Arrange longest sides of dough across width of 12" x 15" rectangle baking stone. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Using roller, roll dough to seal perforations. On longest sides of baking stone, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep using a pizza cutter (there will be 6 inches in the center for the filling). Spread filling evenly over middle of dough. To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip on turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends under to seal at end of braid. Brush egg white over dough using pastry brush. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.