Recipe by ShanH
This is from Pampered Chef, Recipes from the heart. These are very delicious! If you like artichoke hearts, this is one quesadilla you HAVE to try.
- 2 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 1⁄2 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 12 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine cheese, artichokes, olives, salsa and cilantro.
- Brush one side of the tortilla with the melted butter and place butter side down on a cookie sheet.
- Top with 1/6th of the cheese mixture. Top with another tortilla and brush with butter.
- Repeat until all tortillas and cheese mixture is gone. You should have six quesadillas.
- Bake 10 minutes at 450 degrees or until lightly brown. Watch them carefully.
- Cool 5 minutes then cut into wedges.
- Serve with additional salsa, sour cream, etc.
- You can also add grilled chopped chicken to the cheese mixture for a heartier quesadilla.