Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is easy to make--don't be fooled by the number of steps. It makes a beautiful presentation for holidays or other special occassions. I substitute "real" pound cake for the mix (I recommend #8953). I also vary the fruit, using the pound cake and filling as a base for other flavors I want to use--mostly strawberry.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box cake mix, pound cake (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) boxraspberry gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup cold milk
- 12 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3 1/3 ounce) boxwhite instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line 10 x 15 jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions; pour into pan spreading evenly.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean; cool 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Microwave water on high 1 -2 minutes or until boiling. Add gelatin, stirring until dissolved. Add jam; whisk until smooth.
- Invert cake onto cutting board or other flat surface. Remove paper.
- Prick cake at 1/2" intervals using fork. Brush cake evenly with gelatin mixture.
- Trim 1/4" around edge of cake; discard edges. Cut cake crosswise into 3 equal layers.
- In a bowl whisk cream cheese and milk until smooth. Spoon whipped topping over cream cheese mixture. (Do not mix) Sprinkle with pudding mix; mix well. (Mixture will be very thick).
- Place one cake layer on oval platter. Attach open star tip to a decorator; fill with filling mixture. Pipe a straight border around edge of cake layer.
- Using a large scoop, place 4 scoops of filling down center; spread evenly to border using spreader.
- Top with second cake layer and repeat filling steps.
- For third layer, pipe a decorative star border around the edges.
- Pipe two stripes down the length of cake about 1 inch from each border, leaving center open.
- Arrange raspberries down center opening and blueberries down remaining openings.