Packer Backer Pammy's Note:
I love good ole' chipped beef on toast and was so hungry for it one day...but didn't have any of the beef so I came up with this and it got me past my craving. I usually have the ham and sometimes the turkey in the fridge. Could probably use chicken also. Not sure on prep. and cooking time...so guessing. I am guessing but would say it's about 1 1/2 - 2 cups meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder (optional) or 1 tablespoon very finely minced onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups skim milk
- 24 slices oscar mayer shaved deli ham (or mix them, I did) or 24 slices deli turkey (or mix them, I did)
- 1In a sauce pan melt the margarine.
- 2IF USING ONION add now and saute.
- 3OR add the onion powder to the margarine.
- 4Add cheese and stir until melted, (it will be "clumpy" now but will get better later).
- 5Add the flour and stir until all is mixed well, DON'T stop stirring.
- 6Add a very, very small amount of milk, still stirring, then a little more, and a little more until all the milk is slowly added, stirring constantly the whole time.
- 7Add the meat and cook until thickened to desired consistancy, stirring constantly.
- 8Add desired amount of pepper -- I have to have pepper in this.
- 9Serve over toast.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pammy's Twist on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.7
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 2421.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 35.0 g