Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my version of a recipe I found in a cookbook years ago. I think it's very good and quite easy. Serve over noodles or rice.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- noodles or rice
- Brown ground beef and onion, drain.
- Stir in mushrooms, soup and water.
- Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, heat through but do not boil.
This is a very easy recipe but found it lacked flavor and that is the only reason I stared it low. Not because it was bad, just needs playing with to get the flavor where I would like it.
Made this today and we had it over noodles...so good and easy..Thanks!
I made this for my friend to came to dinner last night. This was SO easy and tasty! My 4 yr old ate it up. I served it with peas and mixed it in with the stroganoff and rice on my plate. Thanks for a do-over meal!