Recipe by Packer Backer Pammy
Have gotten some "oh there so good" from the neighbors, so I am posting this recipe so I remember how I made them. I had another one of those want to "create" days and this was the finished product. I'm guessing on the prep time. This makes 12 muffins. Hubby gave them 3 stars but he is NOT the "muffin man". He only likes blueberry muffins. I love him anyways! Made these for the Thanksgiving get together...we'll see what they have to say. Probably should have used some nuts... Edit...We are sick. No family Thanksgiving so I froze the muffins individually in plastic sandwich bags so we could take one out when we wanted...works very well. Just throw it in the microwave frozen until warm. They are pretty tasty muffins.
Top Review by Shari2
These are healthy and good muffins. I put my fruit in the food processer instead of cutting each item separately. I was out of blueberries so mine were more of a cranberry/orange muffin. Next time I'll use the blueberries too. I love having them in the freezer to grab one when I want it. Thanks Pammy.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup frozen concentrated orange juice, thawed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄4 cup small frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 12 muffin pan.
- (I'm kinda generous with the spray, want them to come out).
- FRUIT PREP;.
- Cut cranberries in half, then cut each half in half again.
- Now you have 4 pieces, cut each in half again (8 pieces).
- Do this until you have a packed 1/2 cup cut cranberries.
- Cut the frozen small blueberries in half until you have a packed 1/4 cup.
- Cut each mandarin orange section into 6 pieces until you have a packed 1/3 cup.
- MIXING THE MUFFINS;.
- In a mixing bowl add flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well with a fork.
- Add sugars and mix well with fork and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs with a fork.
- Add oil and orange juice to eggs and mix fairly well.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir very well.
- Make sure all the dry ingredients are mixed.
- Add fruit and stir very well.
- Divide equally into 12 muffins pan.
- Bake 10 minutes then turn pan around and bake 10 more minutes.
- I checked mine early with a toothpick just to make sure they didn't get over done.
- I "shook" the pan to loosen the muffins, then removed to cool.