Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I never had or heard of a "fried rice patty" until I married my husband. He loves having them with chili. He has heart problems so I came up with this healthier version...healthier then his for sure! He makes them by cooking them in ton's of butter or margarine and then serving with ton's of butter or margarine and then salted to taste. Since he hates onions, I don't put them in his...just mine. :) You can multiply this recipe easily.
- I put rice, egg white and onion in my mini chopper and "chop" till it's mixed good.
- (You could mix it in a bowl too).
- Spray a fry pan generously with Pam.
- Turn burner to medium.
- Drop mixture by the tablespoon into pan, 6 patties.
- Cook until browned nicely on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Turn, press down lightly on top of the patties with the bottom of a spatula to "flatten".
- Cook until browned, about 3 more minutes.
- Spread with a small amount of a soft type margarine and salt to taste.
- (I would say this is 2 servings but that would depend on who's eating them, him or me, LOL! For him it's 1 serving.).