Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Oh, dear sweet, but very fussy, hubby...corn is one of the few veggies he will eat...sometimes. He likes the FLAVOR of this corn...but not the "juice". He gives this 4 stars if he just gets to eat only the corn...3 stars if he has to eat the "juice" too! lol! I came up with this when I had some extra cream cheese and half and half to use up. I make it ahead of time to let flavor "set" into the corn. I'm cooking for 2...thus the small amount.
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) canfreshlike sweet whole kernel corn (I prefer)
- 4 teaspoons margarine
- 4 teaspoons half-and-half
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In small sauce pan add margarine, half and half, cream cheese and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- REMOVE FROM HEAT WHEN STARTS TO BUBBLE.
- Continue stirring until"melted".
- Drain corn and add to mixture.
- Stir well.
- Place in covered bowl and refridgerate until ready to use.
- Microwave or place back in sauce pan to re-heat.
This was great. I used butter and 1% milk and it came out great - wondrful quick variation for canned corn. We ate it with Rice and roast beef.
What a great idea to "fix up" canned corn!This was really good and everyone liked it all around. And,shame on your husband...the sauce was really good. Thanks!!!