Recipe by Packer Backer Pammy
Oh, dear sweet, but very fussy, hubby...corn is one of the few veggies he will eat...sometimes. He likes the FLAVOR of this corn...but not the "juice". He gives this 4 stars if he just gets to eat only the corn...3 stars if he has to eat the "juice" too! lol! I came up with this when I had some extra cream cheese and half and half to use up. I make it ahead of time to let flavor "set" into the corn. I'm cooking for 2...thus the small amount.
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) canfreshlike sweet whole kernel corn (I prefer)
- 4 teaspoons margarine
- 4 teaspoons half-and-half
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In small sauce pan add margarine, half and half, cream cheese and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- REMOVE FROM HEAT WHEN STARTS TO BUBBLE.
- Continue stirring until"melted".
- Drain corn and add to mixture.
- Stir well.
- Place in covered bowl and refridgerate until ready to use.
- Microwave or place back in sauce pan to re-heat.