Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Okay...this is one of the few ways I can get hubby to eat fruit. He gives this 4 stars. Cook time is the least amount of time for refrigeration.
- 1 (30 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding (4 servings)
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 cup fruit juice (from the canned fruit)
- Open and drain cans of fruit, combining and reserving juice.
- In a mixing bowl, add fruit and stir well.
- In a small bowl, place 1 cup of fruit juices and microwave just until it starts to bubble.
- Put pudding mix in bowl with juice and stir well, until lumps are gone and it seems like it's starting to thicken.
- It should be fairly cool before you add 1 cup cool whip, stir very well.
- Add to fruit in mixing bowl and stir very well.
- Put in serving dish.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour, longer is better.
- You can dispose of extra juice or use for something else.
- This makes about 4 1/2 to 5 cups.
A quick and yummy fruit salad. I also like that it uses canned fruit and could be made anytime of the year.