Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
When my grandchildren visit they just love "helping" in the kitchen! I've been trying to think of some "quick" idea's for their next visit. Something that EACH (3) can make for their "own". I didn't want "heat" involved...maybe a dessert...I had some leftover cake...my brain started working in "kid" mode...I also had single serve puddings...and cool whip...had to have somebody to eat the "test"...grandpa likes cake...and pudding...and cool whip...but he only gave it "3 or 4" stars. (I don't think it counts though, after all, he didn't "make it himself" and he's NOT really a kid anymore...he just thinks he is!) lol! Prep time is a guess!
For Each Dessert
- 1 cup crumbled unfrosted leftover cake (I had Triple Chocolate Fudge)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) containersingle serve prepared pudding (I had Chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon Cool Whip, to taste
- Each child will need their own ingredients, a dinner plate, 1 cup measuring cup, small bowl, 2 teaspoons, a fork and a small dessert dish or a dixie cup.
- Have each child wash hands, well.
- Give each child a piece of cake on the dinner plate.
- Have the child crumble the cake and put it into the measuring cup until full.
- (They may need to wash their hands again).
- Have the child dump the cake out of the measuring cup into their bowl.
- Have them spoon the pudding over the top of the cake in the bowl.
- With their fork, have the child"mash" pudding and cake together until mixed well.
- Have the child use their first spoon to put the"dessert" into their dessert dish or dixie cup.
- Have the child lick the first spoon.
- Have the child use their second spoon to put cool whip on top of their"dessert".
- Have the child lick the second spoon.
- Put"desserts" in fridge until"dessert time".
- Let them clean out their mixing bowls with their fingers BEFORE they wash their hands again.
- Have each child clean up their work area.