Recipe by Packer Backer Pammy
(No Cholesterol, Less "Bad" Fats and More "Good" Fats) If you want "real" Brownies, this is not for you. You need all the fats and cholesterol to get those. This is a version of "Brownies" I came up with for my brownie loving hubby. He has heart problems and I am trying to come up with recipes he likes but are better for his heart. I don't qualify as a "Brownie Critic" as I am not the brownie lover in the house but I even like these. Hubby really liked them (thankfully!) and our 91 year old neighbor even thought they were very good and I am sure she has tasted alot of brownies over the years! PLEASE NOTE - I MADE THESE IN MY TOASTER OVEN. These would be fairly simple for children to make - with an adult supervising the oven. Servings depends on the size you cut them...smaller or bigger.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Toaster Oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 8x8 metal baking pan with a spray Canola Oil.
- NOT using the 2 Tablespoons Cocoa - sprinkle a little Cocoa in the pan and coat the bottom and sides of pan. Shake or bang the pan well and dump any extra out of the pan.
- Using a fork, in a small mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients very well.
- Pour in pan and spread evenly to cover the bottom.
- Bake 15 minutes then turn the pan half way around.
- Bake 10 minutes more or until it springs back and seems done.