1 hr 5 mins
Packer Backer Pammy's Note:
I am trying to "re-do" some of our older recipes to be lower in fat, as hubby has heart disease. This ended up being a combination of two. I am going to try this with peaches also as this is one of the few ways I can get fruit into him! AND, he liked this. Guessing on prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into small bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon apple juice, and
- 1 teaspoon apple juice
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, and
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon skim milk
- 1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup quick oatmeal, and
- 2 tablespoons quick oatmeal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, and
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, stick kind
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray a 10 inch glass pie pan with Pam.
- 3Pour apples into pie pan and add all apple juice, stir.
- 4Sprinkle all white sugar over the top of the apples and then stir well.
- 5I put the skim milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, egg white and cinnamon in my mini chopper to blend well (I do this after the topping so that I don't have to wash it out twice).
- 6Pour over apples and mix well.
- 7(I chop my oatmeal in my mini chopper to make it finer in texture, then I measure it out to 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon).
- 8In a small bowl, melt margarine in microwave.
- 9Stir in all brown sugar and oatmeal(mix very well).
- 10Crumble over the top of the apples, covering as well as possible.
- 11Bake 350 for 45 to 50 minutes --
- 12IF you ARE NOT using 10 inch glass pie pan you will have to judge your timing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pammy's Baked Apple Dessert With Oatmeal and Brown Sugar Topping
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 91.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 3.3 g