Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I am trying to "re-do" some of our older recipes to be lower in fat, as hubby has heart disease. This ended up being a combination of two. I am going to try this with peaches also as this is one of the few ways I can get fruit into him! AND, he liked this. Guessing on prep time.
- 3 cups granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into small bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon apple juice, and
- 1 teaspoon apple juice
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, and
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup quick oatmeal, and
- 2 tablespoons quick oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, and
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, stick kind
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 10 inch glass pie pan with Pam.
- Pour apples into pie pan and add all apple juice, stir.
- Sprinkle all white sugar over the top of the apples and then stir well.
- I put the skim milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, egg white and cinnamon in my mini chopper to blend well (I do this after the topping so that I don't have to wash it out twice).
- Pour over apples and mix well.
- (I chop my oatmeal in my mini chopper to make it finer in texture, then I measure it out to 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon).
- In a small bowl, melt margarine in microwave.
- Stir in all brown sugar and oatmeal(mix very well).
- Crumble over the top of the apples, covering as well as possible.
- Bake 350 for 45 to 50 minutes --
- IF you ARE NOT using 10 inch glass pie pan you will have to judge your timing.