Recipe by Packer Backer Pammy
This is kind of a "sweet and tangy" sauce. My hubby really likes these. He gives them 5 stars. I divide the leftover sauce from the pan into equal servings to use for dipping the bites of chops in. I marinate the chops for 24 hours before baking. Listed as "cooking time". Pammy's "1/3" Barbecue Sauce is for the basic sauce. It is also listed below. I only make 3 chops so I use 3/4 cup of the basic sauce and 2 boullion cubes. (I save the other 3/4 cup sauce for either this or one of the other recipes I hope to get posted.) For 6 chops use the full 1 1/2 cups of the basic sauce and 4 boullion cubes. I
- 3 -6 boneless pork chops (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 2 -4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water
Basic Sauce Recipe
- 1⁄3 cup bottled barbecue sauce (Kraft, Bullseye...)
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- I put barbecue sauce, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, honey, brown sugar and garlic powder in my mini chopper and"chop" until mixed well.
- I use a greased 8x11 glass casserole for 3 chops.
- (If making 6 chops a 9x13 might work).
- Pour 3/4 cup of sauce over the 3 chops.
- (All the sauce over 6 chops).
- Cover and refridgerate for 24 hours.
- I turn the chops after 12 hours and make sure the are coated well.
- After the 24 hours, put the water in bowl and microwave until boiling.
- (1/4 cup for 3 chops, 1/2 cup for 6 chops).
- Add the boullion cubes, stir until dissolved.
- (2 boullion for 3 chops, 4 boullion for 6 chops).
- Remove pork chops from pan, add the boullion to the sauce, stir very well.
- Put the pork chops back it the pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until done to your liking.