Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another recipe using Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups Pamelas ultimate baking and pancake mix (plus extra to dust your pan)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch or 9-inch cake pan with non-stick spray or butter and use baking mix or rice flour to coat.
- Separate eggs and whip egg whites until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, place softened butter, baking mix and white sugar.
- Blend for 1 minute on medium speed until the butter is distributed thoroughly.
- Add 1/4 cup milk with the extracts and mix for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup milk with the egg yolks and mix for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Fold in stiff egg whites.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Do not fill more than 1/2 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Do not open oven door while baking.
- Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
- Let cool until pan is warm to touch (not hot), run a knife around the inside edge of the pan to loosen.
- Invert onto a cooling rack, and leave until completely cool.
This cake did the trick for my brother's birthday dinner. I double the recipe, making 2 9" cakes to make a layered cake. They did in fact rise, so I'm glad I only filled the pans halfway, but then they sunk in the center while they cooled. It wasn't a huge problem because you couldn't even tell when I slathered the cake with homemade chocolate buttercream. Haha! My brother and I thought it kind of tasted like pancakes with frosting on them, which also isn't a problem because I love pancakes and I love frosting! Thank you for posting!
awesome awesome awesome
I made this a while back. It is so good! I enjoyed the hint of almond. I really like using Pamela's mix because I can whip something together so quickly. The only problem is not eating it all in one sitting. :) Thank you for the wonderful recipe.