Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another recipe using Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. I use it quite often as it is very versatile. These make great muffins to go along with soup on a cold winter night. This recipe can also be made as corn bread in an 8-inch square pan.
- 1 1⁄4 cups Pamelas ultimate baking and pancake mix
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- For cornbread: Follow directions above. Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Makes 9 servings.
I make these for my son with miltiple food allergies. I put a few kosher mini-dogs in the middle to make corn dog muffins. Then, I freeze them to have on hand for school lunches. My non-allergic son loves them and has no idea they're "special". He's only slightly allergic to eggs, so I haven't tried them with flax egg replacer, but I think I will, next time, (I'll update if the substitution is a dud). It is great, though, dairy free and a great use of Pamela's mix. They brown well, too. One batch makes 12 of the corn dog muffins. Highly recommended!
I substituted Kinnicknick pancake mix for the Pamela's and they turned out great. My kiddos eat these up so fast.
This is my favorite gluten-free cornbread muffin recipe so far. It holds together well and is not crumbly. It has just the right amount of sweetness for my tastes. They freeze well, too.