Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Usually a Polish hors d'ouerve made from mashed potatoes, but I've also seen a breakfast version made from cottage cheese. Best served straight from the oven.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Combine butter, potato and flour to form dough, and knead on a well-floured surface.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes, then roll out very thinly.
- Cut into narrow strips.
- Place on a well greased baking tray and brush with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with salt and caraway seeds.
- Bake until golden (about 10 minutes).
thanks so much
Wonderful! The kids ate them up! 125 grams is approx 1/2 cup.
Well Jessica, these were delicious! And your instructions were very clear. What I’d love to know is how or when these are eaten traditionally. Are they served as a snack, as a side dish….? We ate them as a stand alone lunch dish, with sour cream, and with what was I suppose a rather Mediterranean-style salad as a side dish. May sound like an odd combination but the salad really went well with the Paluszki! Thank you for sharing this recipe!