Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Polish Potato Fingers. Serve them with a nice mushroom gravy.
- Cook potatoes and drain well. Press through a ricer and place in a large bowl. Cool.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Mixing well. Make a well in the center of flour and add eggs, one at a time, mixing well until all the eggs are mixed well.
- Add the riced potatoes and mix until all ingredients are blended real well. If necessary add some water to make the dough pliable if too stiff, this will depend on how much flour you add. (I have found that 4 cups will make a very wet dough, so I add 1/4 cups of flour at a time until the dough feels just right. This is done by feel.****do not make the dough too stiff****.
- Roll out dough in portions at a time onto floured surface, rolling out into a long log about 1-inch thick.
- Cut logs into 3/4-inch pieces, rolling slightly to even out.
- Drop into rolling salted boiling water and cook until paluski float to the top, allowing them to simmer a few minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a large bowl.
- Have some melted butter ready to drizzle over the paluski to coat them.
- You can sauté some onions in butter and toss in with them.