1/1 Photo of Paludah (Fresh Melon and Peach Compote)
2 hrs 15 mins
Adapted from Time/Life Foods of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut melon in half and remove seeds and stringy pulp.
- 2Using melon baller or small spoon, scoop out as many melon balls as possible.
- 3Put melon balls in deep bowl.
- 4Pour any juice from shells over melon balls, and discard shells.
- 5Toss with salt.
- 6Add peaches, sugar, lemon juice and rose water.
- 7Toss gently to combine.
- 8Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until thoroughly chilled.
- 9Serve in individual dishes.
- 10Top with crushed or shaved ice if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paludah (Fresh Melon and Peach Compote)
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 291.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: