Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Adapted from Time/Life Foods of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
Make and share this Paludah (Fresh Melon and Peach Compote) recipe from Food.com.
- Cut melon in half and remove seeds and stringy pulp.
- Using melon baller or small spoon, scoop out as many melon balls as possible.
- Put melon balls in deep bowl.
- Pour any juice from shells over melon balls, and discard shells.
- Toss with salt.
- Add peaches, sugar, lemon juice and rose water.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until thoroughly chilled.
- Serve in individual dishes.
- Top with crushed or shaved ice if desired.
Salads, especially summer fruit salads don't have to be complicated to taste good. I added strawberries, cantaloupe and 'juan canary' melon for persian. Used up my last peach this morning unfortunately. Next time for sure! Lovely! Reviewed for ZWT Family Picks.
I changed the fruit around but this was delicious!! I used fresh honeydew melon and fresh nectarines which are technically peaches anyway. I used a little less Iranian rose water. I used freshly squeezed lemon juice and did not add the ice but left the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to chill which gave it a lovely fragrant liquid. The sea salt I used was very nice in this. I would definitely try this again with melon and other kinds of fruit such as berries inshallah. Made for ZWT6, NA*ME regions, for my team, The Ya Ya Cookerhood!
Lovely - nothing like fresh fruit, simply prepared - to round out a meal. Used canned peaches as fresh aren't in season yet. Thank you for posting.