Adapted from Time/Life Foods of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
Make and share this Paludah (Fresh Melon and Peach Compote) recipe from Food.com.
- Cut melon in half and remove seeds and stringy pulp.
- Using melon baller or small spoon, scoop out as many melon balls as possible.
- Put melon balls in deep bowl.
- Pour any juice from shells over melon balls, and discard shells.
- Toss with salt.
- Add peaches, sugar, lemon juice and rose water.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until thoroughly chilled.
- Serve in individual dishes.
- Top with crushed or shaved ice if desired.