Recipe by litldarlin
My grandmother use to make this for us when we were younger. It is a very filling meal. I have always made this with a mixture of leftover breakfast sausage and ground beef. You can use ground turkey or a blend of different meats. It does have to be ground up very well to use it in this recipe.
- 2 potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 6 potatoes, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 lb mixed ground beef or 1⁄2 lb ground sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except ground meat.
- I use ground beef & ground sausage together.
- You can use any type of ground meat mixture you want.
- Make balls of ground meat.
- Take piece of dough and make round circle.
- Place meat inside and close up on all sides until round ball.
- Lower the meatballs into the salted boiling water.
- Boil for about 50 minutes.
- Serve with butter and lingonberry preserves.