Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Swedish dish, very healthy, almost fat free
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix milk, water, cinnamon and cardamon.
- Add the flour and mix, then knead to form a smooth dough (should not be too sticky).
- Knead it on a floured board, then form 5 seperate balls.
- Fill a deep cooking pot (to half) with water.
- Place the balls into the water (they should sink).
- Boil for 10 minutes and add the salt.
- Keep boiling another 20 minutes, the palt is ready when they float.
- Serve as is (healthier), or with butter, jam, honey.
This recipe requires raw ground up potatoes. I don't know how much for this recipe since it is different then what I know.
I think there is either an ingredient missing or the quantities are wrong. For this amount of liquid, I needed approximately 3 to 4 cups of flour to form an adequate dough. They turned out very rubbery. I think, with a bit of tweaking, this recipe might just work and I look forward to giving it another try in the future.