Pals Cabin is an old restaurant in West Orange, NJ that is famous for this soup. http://www.palscabin.com/index.htm I found the recipe in a cookbook called "Cooking for Love." I guessed the time since I haven't made this yet. Didn't want to lose it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large stock pot, heat the chicken stock until it is well simmered. Add the sauteed mushrooms and chopped shallots.
- 2In a smaller saucepan, make a roux by melting the butter and adding the four, stirring until well blended. Cook the roux until it has the aroma of toasted almonds.
- 3Pour the roux into the chicken stock to obtain a veloute of light consistency.
- 4Season to taste with Maggi, salt and white pepper. Add the light cream to the chicken stock and stir well.
- 5Serve in a cup topped with a teaspoons of whipped cream and sprinkle with a touch of paprika.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pals Cabin's Cream of Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.1
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 144.0 mg
- Sodium 459.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 11.0 g