Recipe by Sharon123
A delightful drink, perfect for hot days. A traditional Persian drink tweaked to make it easier. The lemon juice is not traditional, but is very good. Adapted from Fig and Quince, Modern Persian Cooking.
Top Review by Baby Kato
I love homemade cantaloupe coolers. The addition of the rosewater and lemon make this very special. The flavor was outstanding, fresh, raw and sweet, just the way I like it. It was very quick and easy to make. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will enjoy often this summer. made for New Kids on the Block Game
- 2 -3 chilled cantaloupe, wedges
- ice cube
- 1 dash rose water
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, to taste
- honey or sugar
- 1 thinly sliced lemon wedge
- 1 sprig mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cantaloupe with several cubes of ice in a blender.
- Add a dash of rosewater. Rosewater is a delightful ingredient true to its name but it is also a dominating one so use sparingly. Jazz up the flavor by adding 1 tablespoon or more of fresh lemon juice. Mix with a wooden spoon. Sweeten to taste with honey or lemon, sparingly, so as to allow the natural flavor of the cantaloupe to shine through.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with fresh mint or very thinly sliced wedge of lemon. Drink up!
- Drink it quickly before the ice melts and dilutes the drink.