1/2 Photos of Palomino Sauce (Served over Pasta)
My Italian mom gave me this recipe years ago. It is a great mix of a white sauce and a red sauce with a nice little kick. We usually request it for our "Sunday dinners". Definitely a nice change. We all love it and usually make breaded chicken, good garlic bread and a tossed salad to finish off the meal. Yum!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, pepper and garlic. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in flour, cook for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in milk, cream and salt. Heat to boiling over med-high heat.
- 5Stir in spaghetti sauce (adding a little more for a thicker sauce) and cook over med high heat for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 6Pour over cooked pasta, adding parmesan and basil.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Palomino Sauce (Served over Pasta)
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.8
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 906.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 8.0 g