My Italian mom gave me this recipe years ago. It is a great mix of a white sauce and a red sauce with a nice little kick. We usually request it for our "Sunday dinners". Definitely a nice change. We all love it and usually make breaded chicken, good garlic bread and a tossed salad to finish off the meal. Yum!! :)
- In nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, pepper and garlic. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in milk, cream and salt. Heat to boiling over med-high heat.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce (adding a little more for a thicker sauce) and cook over med high heat for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Pour over cooked pasta, adding parmesan and basil.