Recipe by Galley Wench
Not just another corn bread recipe. This recipe comes from The Boulder's, a 5 star resort in Scottsdale, Arizona
Top Review by Flootie
My husband made this cornbread last night and it was AEWSOME. He used Benecol instead of butter, Wheylow instead of sugar, Eggbeaters instead of eggs and low-fat cheddar cheese. Decadent without totally ruining our diet. The best "from scatch" cornbread ever.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup green chili, diced (may use canned)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degree f.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs slowly, one at a time.
- Add chiles, corn and cheese, mixing well to incorporate.
- Sift together dry ingredients, then add and mix until smooth.
- Pour into well-buttered, square 9 inch pan and bake about 1 hour.