Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not just another corn bread recipe. This recipe comes from The Boulder's, a 5 star resort in Scottsdale, Arizona
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup green chili, diced (may use canned)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degree f.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs slowly, one at a time.
- Add chiles, corn and cheese, mixing well to incorporate.
- Sift together dry ingredients, then add and mix until smooth.
- Pour into well-buttered, square 9 inch pan and bake about 1 hour.
My husband made this cornbread last night and it was AEWSOME. He used Benecol instead of butter, Wheylow instead of sugar, Eggbeaters instead of eggs and low-fat cheddar cheese. Decadent without totally ruining our diet. The best "from scatch" cornbread ever.
This was totally great cornbread! The only thing I did different is use 1/2 bacon fat & 1/2 butter and putting it with my Chile Verde & Mexican rice was one of the best meals I've ever made! Thanks! (but why Palo Verde? That means green tree in Az.)
Oh my goodness is this good! I didn't have any canned creamed corn so I made my own using a recipe from another site. I only had an 8 oz can of green chiles so I dumped in the whole thing (equal to 3/4 cup) but other than that I made it exact to the recipe. I'm not sure I would substitute the butter or other ingredients ... if you want to cut down on the calories a bit it easily serves 12 instead of 9 and still leaves you satisfied.