1/2 Photos of Palmiers (French Puff Pastry Cookies)
Light, buttery, cripsy, sweet french cookie. Takes a little effort the first time through but it's rather fast when you get the hang of it and it looks like you spent forever on them. I saw Palmiers (palm-yay) in a local Costco and I was curious because they looked so good. So I went hunting up a recipe and I was shocked it was not on the Zaar. I ate half of them before they cooled, my mom ate one then left because she said she'd finish the rest if she stayed. The yield is according to the package size I bought, it can vary. So can the cooking time. I dare you to try this cookie out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw out puff pastry, but make sure it stays chilled. You want it pliable (chill it again if it gets warm and sticky). Puff pastry should already be 1/8 inch thick – if not, roll it out to that thickness.
- 2If your pastry cracks you can seal it together with a little water and your finger.
- 3Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- 4Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, or a section from a brown paper bag to fit.
- 5Spread SUGAR on the counter like you would flour to roll out dough.
- 6Lay out one sheet of pastry (keep 2nd sheet in fridge for now). Sprinkle the top with sugar as if you were rolling the dough out.
- 7Take the two sides of dough and fold them in towards each other halfway to the center and press down lightly.
- 8Then take the folded edges and fold them in to meet in the center. Then fold them together like closing a book, it should look like a U shape.
- 9Cut into 3/8 inch slices with a sharp knife and place on cookie sheet.
- 10Sprinkle with a light coating of sugar and place in the oven for 6 to 7 minutes.
- 11Work on the second sheet at this time.
- 12Pull out and turn cookies over and sprinkle that side. Bake 3-5 minutes more or until center is done and edges are golden.
- 13Transfer to wire racks to cool, then store in an airtight container.
- 14Optional items: Use cinnamon sugar in place of sugar.
- 15The glaze can be drizzled over the top to finish it off.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Palmiers (French Puff Pastry Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (627 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.0
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g