Recipe by Karin...
These are SOOOOOOOOOOO quick and easy to make and are really lovely to have with coffee or as a very LIGHT dessert! The beauty of these are that they can be made well in advance and stored in an airtight container!
Top Review by 68Ranchero
These were just too simple. They were very good, however I did not have any caster sugar so I just used regular white sugar and it worked quite well except that I would sprinkle much more freely next time as I like my sweets.
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll the pastry out on a suface sprinkled with castor sigar.
- (roll pastry out to a rectangle shape- about 20cm x 35cm), and trim the edges with a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle castor sugar over the top of the pastry.
- Fold in the LONG sides of the rectangle- (so that they meet in the centre), and sprinkle with a little MORE sugar.
- Now fold in 1/2 lengthways and press SLIGHTLY.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut the pastry roll into 12mm slices (about 1cm slices), and place about 10cms apart on lightly greased oven trays.
- Bake in MODERATELY HOT oven (210-230'C) for 10 minutes, then turn Palmiers over and bake for a further 10 minutes- or until crisp!
- Remove from oven and place Palmiers on wire rack to cool.
- Sprinkle with sifted icing sugar.