Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my modified version of a Palm Springs salad. I saw the recipe on the package of dates I recently bought and it sounded so good I had to try it. Plus, I just happened to have all the ingredients on hand! www.bellaraw.blogspot.com
- 1⁄2 cup dates, sliced
- 2 large oranges, peeled (reserve the juice)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (reserve the juice)
- 2 kiwi fruits, cut into rounds
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- fresh orange juice, reserved from the fruit
- fresh pineapple juice, reserved from the fruit
- mint sprig (to garnish)
- Arrange fruit in bowl. Pour the fruit juice over it. Sprinkle with almonds and garnish with fresh mint, if using.
This tastes good although it is raw and vegan it is not properly food combined as per http://www.momssoapbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/food_combining.jpg I used the optional fresh mint from the garden. I used Parnoosh pitted honey dates, I cut the kiwi into slices then half moons. I wouldn't make this again because it is not food combined properly.