Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from the Palm Court at the Scottsdale Arizona Conference Resort, courtesy of the San Antonio Express News.
- 20 large shrimp
- 118.29 ml tomatoes, diced
- 14.79 ml shallot, chopped
- 4.92 ml garlic, chopped
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
- 170.09 g butter
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml basil
- 56.69 g olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Wash shrimp, peel and butterfly, leaving tails on.
- Preheat oil in skillet.
- Place shrimp in pan for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan.
- Add butter, garlic and shallots, and sauté lightly.
- Add wine, seasonings and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp and heat quickly, then serve immediately.
Perfect, easy recipe for this busy Christmas time. I used 3/4 of a pound of shrimp and the 2 of us were in shrimp heaven! Very flavorful! I served this with a Ceaser salad and a glass of wine. As good as it gets! Thanks Miss Annie!
This made for a wonderful dinner last night. Only thing I did different was to lightly saute the garlic and add the shrimp to it to provide more flavor and I also left off the oregano. Doesn't go over well with DH. This is truly a fabulous dish and one that I will make again and again. Thanks so much for posting it.