Recipe by plove53
One of the greatest amusement parks of all times! I found this recipe online at the Palisades Park website - http://www.palisadespark.com/ I was only a boy when they shut down and I made these for my mom and she said it taste just like ‘em did.
- 5 large quality potatoes
- 1⁄2 gallon water
- 5 ounces malt vinegar
- mazola corn oil (only corn oil)
- heinz malt vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and crinkle cut into large pieces.
- Place in a gallon pitcher with the water and malt vinegar (to store extra potatoes).
- Fry the potatoes in the corn oil at medium temperature for two minutes.
- Remove and Drain.
- To finish raise to heat of the corn oil to high.
- Drop the half-cooked potatoes to the oil and cook for one minute and ten seconds.
- Sprinkle with Salt.
- Serve in a paper cone and the malt vinegar and enjoy your childhood.