sweets from Palestinian kitchen
Make and share this Palestinian Harissa recipe from Food.com.
- 1. For the preparation of syrup : in a pot on the fire boil water and sugar together and let it boil for 10 minutes and then add the lemon juice and let boil two minutes and put it a side to cool .
- 2. For the preparation of harissa , in a bowl mix the butter,semolina and sugar , together until homogeneous .
- 3. In another bowl , mix yogurt and baking powder together and leave 10 minutes until yoghurt is double sized.
- 4. Add the yogurt mixture and baking powder to the mixture of semolina and mix by hand again until homogeneous components.
- 5.brush the bottom and sides of a baking tray with tahini ,spread out the dough over a thickness of not more than a centimeter and a half and level the surface and then divide into squares.
- 6.put almonds in the center of squares ,place inside the oven pre- heated to 250 ° C for 30 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
- 7.Remove from oven and pour the syrup cut into serving dish