1/1 Photo of Palestinian Harissa
1 hr 20 mins
chef hamoudy's Note:
sweets from Palestinian kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the harissa
- 3 cups semolina
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 tea spoon baking powder
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 table spoon tahini
For the syrup
- 11. For the preparation of syrup : in a pot on the fire boil water and sugar together and let it boil for 10 minutes and then add the lemon juice and let boil two minutes and put it a side to cool .
- 22. For the preparation of harissa , in a bowl mix the butter,semolina and sugar , together until homogeneous .
- 33. In another bowl , mix yogurt and baking powder together and leave 10 minutes until yoghurt is double sized.
- 44. Add the yogurt mixture and baking powder to the mixture of semolina and mix by hand again until homogeneous components.
- 55.brush the bottom and sides of a baking tray with tahini ,spread out the dough over a thickness of not more than a centimeter and a half and level the surface and then divide into squares.
- 66.put almonds in the center of squares ,place inside the oven pre- heated to 250 ° C for 30 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
- 77.Remove from oven and pour the syrup cut into serving dish
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Palestinian Harissa
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.0
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 132.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 63.6 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: