Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a delicious, fresh tasting Palestinian salad which is easy to prepare and very satisfying. It is also a very good food to eat during Ramadan.
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 spring onions
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 radish
- fresh parsley
- fresh mint leaves
- 1 pita bread
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- Cut all the vegetables into small - medium sized pieces.
- Cut the lettuce, mint and parsley into small shreds.
- Cut the pita bread into pieces about 1 square centimeter.
- Lightly fry the pita bread in a pan (using no oil).
- In a small screw top jar mix all the ingredients for the dressing together and shake the jar till they are all mixed.
- Toss all the ingredients together and enjoy.
this was the best dih i have ever tasted!! my sisters loved it cause they are vegie lovers!!! i have been making it almost every other day now!!! Thankyou for who ever posted this up!!!
This was alright. I have definitely had better fattoush though. I used fresh flat leaf parsley, freshly squeezed lemon juice, cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, sea salt plus the rest of the ingredients except for the pita bread as we are gluten free. I know that is not traditional. I'd make a differnt recipe next time.