Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really good recipe to make for breakfast (or whenever). This is not my original recipe, but you can find it here: http://paleobetty.com/2011/09/12/paleo-sweet-potato-pancakes-with-cinnamon-apples/
- Peel sweet potatoes and chop into 1″ cubes. Place in a pot of boiling water with a half Tbs. of sea salt and bowl until soft (~15 minutes). Drain.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, make your pancake topping.
- Peel apple and dice into small pieces. Saute over medium heat with butter and cinnamon until softened. Set aside.
- Combine coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk well to combine, and set aside.
- Puree cooked sweet potatoes in food processor until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, and agave nectar to sweet potatoes and pulse to mix.
- Add dry ingredients to potato mixture and combine… your mixture should be fairly liquid-y.
- Heat a griddle and melt a dab of coconut oil.
- Fry up individual pancakes, flipping when the edges are dry/cooked and you see air bubbles releasing through the tops. Be careful not to scorch the pancakes… you may need to lower your heat a bit if the insides of your pancakes aren’t cooking.
- Top pancakes with your apple mixture and enjoy!