This is a really good recipe to make for breakfast (or whenever). This is not my original recipe, but you can find it here: http://paleobetty.com/2011/09/12/paleo-sweet-potato-pancakes-with-cinnamon-apples/
My Private Note
small p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel sweet potatoes and chop into 1″ cubes. Place in a pot of boiling water with a half Tbs. of sea salt and bowl until soft (~15 minutes). Drain.
- 2While sweet potatoes are cooking, make your pancake topping.
- 3Peel apple and dice into small pieces. Saute over medium heat with butter and cinnamon until softened. Set aside.
- 4Combine coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk well to combine, and set aside.
- 5Puree cooked sweet potatoes in food processor until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, and agave nectar to sweet potatoes and pulse to mix.
- 6Add dry ingredients to potato mixture and combine… your mixture should be fairly liquid-y.
- 7Heat a griddle and melt a dab of coconut oil.
- 8Fry up individual pancakes, flipping when the edges are dry/cooked and you see air bubbles releasing through the tops. Be careful not to scorch the pancakes… you may need to lower your heat a bit if the insides of your pancakes aren’t cooking.
- 9Top pancakes with your apple mixture and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paleo Sweet Potato Panckaes With Cinnamon Apples
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.5
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 392.3 mg
- Sodium 1189.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: