1/1 Photo of Paleo Stuffed Pork Loin
1 hr 15 mins
The best pork recipe in my collection! Even my small children love this recipe. There is never any leftovers! This recipe is adapted from paleodietlifestyle.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium skillet over a medium-high heat, saute the onion, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, sage, thyme, and garlic in a 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Saute everything for about 3 to 4 minutes, just until the onions become slightly translucent and the tomatoes and artichokes begin to become tender. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside for later use.
- 2Place the pork tenderloin in a 9×13 baking dish, rub some coconut oil all over and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. In order to stuff the loin, create a seam in the meat by cutting it down the center lengthwise, essentially, you want to be able to unfold the meat. Set the meat aside until the stuffing has been prepared.
- 3Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- 4Turn your attention back to the stuffing. Once the ingredients from the skillet have completely cooled, whisk in an egg. The egg is essential to the stuffing, as this is what replaces the usual “breadcrumbs” and works to hold everything together. However, to make this work best, tomato/artichoke mixture must be cool, otherwise it will cook the egg before it is even stuffed in the meat and the egg will no longer act as a glue, since it cannot be cooked twice.
- 5Take the stuffing and begin spreading it across the seam of the meat. Avoid filling the meat too much, as you will not be able to fold the pork closed. Use some toothpicks to ensure the tenderloin does not pop open while cooking.
- 6Cook, uncovered, at 450 F for 30 minutes. Once the first 30 minutes have passed, reduce the heat to 300 F and cook for another 20 minutes. When the time is up, turn off the oven, but allow the meat to remain in it for at least 15 minutes. This cooking method is perfect for keeping the meat from overcooking and becoming dry. Bon apetit!
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paleo Stuffed Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.1
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 193.9 mg
- Sodium 257.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 48.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: