Recipe by joytosew
I couldn't get the flavor I wanted even when combining recipes so I finally gave up and went with my standard sauce and added the flavors I was looking for.
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck (grass fed beef if possible)
- 1⁄4 lb Italian sausage
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 cup cauliflower, steamed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- When I start I always cut the top off of each pepper then cut the pepper top away from the stem. I use the diced pepper top in the stuffing mix but you don't have to if you don't wish. It can also be saved for another meal.
- While coconut oil is heating in the pan dice onions and mince garlic. Add both to pan and saute about 5 minutes or until onions look clear. (if you are adding the diced peppers from the tops add in with the onions.)
- Place cauliflower in bowl in microwave and steam about 5 minutes. It may take longer or less time depending on your microwave. Mash with fork when cauliflower is tender.
- When onion mix is done removed from pan and set aside.
- Brown ground chuck and Italian sausage in pan. When fully browned return onion mix to pan with meat.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Mix in cauliflower, tomato sauce, and tomato paste.
- When heated through meat mixture is done.
- Rinse and clean bell peppers. Fill each pepper with meat mixture and arrange in baking dish. Add water to bake dish. Place in oven at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- Peppers should be tender when done add 10 more minutes if not tender.
- Serve This with grilled Zucchini or small salad.