1 hr 10 mins
I couldn't get the flavor I wanted even when combining recipes so I finally gave up and went with my standard sauce and added the flavors I was looking for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground chuck (grass fed beef if possible)
- 1/4 lb Italian sausage
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 cup cauliflower, steamed
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1When I start I always cut the top off of each pepper then cut the pepper top away from the stem. I use the diced pepper top in the stuffing mix but you don't have to if you don't wish. It can also be saved for another meal.
- 2While coconut oil is heating in the pan dice onions and mince garlic. Add both to pan and saute about 5 minutes or until onions look clear. (if you are adding the diced peppers from the tops add in with the onions.)
- 3Place cauliflower in bowl in microwave and steam about 5 minutes. It may take longer or less time depending on your microwave. Mash with fork when cauliflower is tender.
- 4When onion mix is done removed from pan and set aside.
- 5Brown ground chuck and Italian sausage in pan. When fully browned return onion mix to pan with meat.
- 6Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Mix in cauliflower, tomato sauce, and tomato paste.
- 7When heated through meat mixture is done.
- 8Rinse and clean bell peppers. Fill each pepper with meat mixture and arrange in baking dish. Add water to bake dish. Place in oven at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- 9Peppers should be tender when done add 10 more minutes if not tender.
- 10Serve This with grilled Zucchini or small salad.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paleo Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.1
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 55.3 mg
- Sodium 852.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: