Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
"Kick A$$ Paleo Key Lime Pie" recipe by Steve Parsoneault @ Paleo-Zone (stevepaleo.blogspot.com). Totally delicious! I did add an extra tablespoon of honey, though, because it was sooo tart.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole almonds
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk (Thai Kitchen brand recommended)
- Crust: Put almonds, dates,a nd coconut oil in a food processor and process when it is just short of nut-butter.
- Rub a 9" glass pie pan with a bit of coconut oil.
- Add crust mixture, pressing flat with your fingers. You can work the crust up the sides, but it may burn in the oven. Halfway up is good. . Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes - should be just a tad golden.
- Filling: Whisk lime zest, juice, honey, coconut flour, eggs, and coconut milk by hand or with a hand blender until smooth and creamy. Pour into pre-baked pie crust. Return to oven for 25-30 minutes at 350 or until filling is almost set.