Prep 40 mins
Cook 3 mins
Tastes like the real thing! You can sub sesame flour if you have nut allergies.
- 2⁄3 cup arrowroot (plus extra for kneading)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 egg yolks (from large eggs)
- 1. Place a medium saucepan of water on the stove to boil. Add 2 Tbsp. olive oil to the water (this will help prevent the noodles from sticking to each other while cooking).
- 2. Blend the dry ingredients in a food processor for about 20 seconds. Place the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
- 3. Add the eggs and egg yolks to the well and begin whisking the eggs with a fork. Start pulling the dry mixture in with the fork and combining with the egg until it is partially combined (you will combine it fully when you knead the dough).
- 4. Turn the dough onto a flat working surface lightly dusted with arrowroot flour. Knead the dough for about 5.
- minutes until it is smooth (it will be sticky at first). Depending on how hot your kitchen is your dough may need to be adjusted slightly: If the dough is too dry you can add a teaspoons of olive oil or water to the mixture. If it is too wet add 1 Tbsp. of almond flour at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- 5. Divide the dough into 4 balls and use one at a time to roll with a rolling pin or run through a pasta machine. Make sure to keep the dough wrapped in plastic wrap or covered with a dishcloth until you are ready to use it or it will begin to dry out.
- 6. To roll the dough hand, sprinkle the work-space with some arrowroot flour and gently roll out the dough with a rolling pin until the dough has reached your desired shape and thickness If using a pasta machine, run the dough through once on setting 0 or 1.
- 7. To cut the pasta by hand, use a sharp knife to cut the pasta to the desired shape. If using a pasta machine, run the pasta through the cutter (I recommend a fettuccine or "thicker" pasta for this recipe). Repeat the rolling and cutting process with the remainder of the dough.
- 8. To cook the pasta, place the noodles in the boiling water (you will need to do this in batches to prevent the noodles.
- from sticking to each other). Cook for about 2-3 minutes and drain. Serve with your favorite sauce or eat it plain!