Recipe by SuzyQ in Seattle
This is a paleo mayonnaise recipe that is absolutely delicious! Make sure your egg is room temperature before starting. I've used extra light olive oil for this as well as avocado oil. Just use something that has virtually no taste so it won't take over the taste of the mayo.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the egg in a food processor and process until blended.
- While the processor is running, VERY slowly drizzle the oil into the mixer. Add a little at a time and give it time to start emulsifying and thickening. Continue to slowly add the rest of the oil until it's very thick and all incorporated.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and process a bit more.
- Keep refrigerated.