Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
One thing my hubby misses almost as much as pasta is pizza. Pasta problem is solved with zucchini noodles, but pizza was a whole different matter. This recipe solves the pizza dilemma! Yumm! We top with black olives, hamburger, mushrooms, pepperoni & cheese! From http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/06/30/weekend-bonus-the-older-brothers-oldest-sons-faux-carb-pizza/ -- but unable to import.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put mozzarella & cream cheese in a medium size microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave for 1 min, stir and then another 30 sec, stir (very hot!).
- Stir in egg & almond flour.
- Wet hands and spread “dough” on parchment paper. It should spread evenly with dough-like consistency (if “stringy” then your cheese has hardened too much - pop back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds). NOTE: the first time I made this, I spread the crust too thin. I ended up with a dried-out crust. So if you want really thin crust pizza -- only leave it in for 8 minutes, add toppings and put back in for 4-5 minutes. If you go for 12-14 before toppings, you crust will be too dry. The thicker the crust, the more flexibility you'll have.
- Dock (poke rows of holes) with a fork to avoid bubbling.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Put in 425 degree oven.
- After about 8 minutes, check it and poke holes where any large bubbles may be.
- Continue cooking for a total 12-14 min, or until slightly brown on top.
- Here is what I do for the toppings:.
- [Keep in mind that the toppings only cook long enough for the cheese to melt. Therefore, any meats you add need to be fully cooked.].
- Add a thin layer of pizza sauce, cheese and then any veggies or cooked meats. Then back in the oven until cheese is melted. Caution, cook too long and your crust will dry out, so don't go crazy with the toppings.