Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from beautyandthefoodie.com.
Make and share this Paleo English Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon milk, equivalent
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional-omit if making savory dish)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon honey or 6 drops liquid stevia
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Melt the butter or oil in a round glass or ceramic ramekin (3½ inch, 6 ounce size). In a separate bowl, mix baking soda and apple cider vinegar together ( it will be very fizzy and bubbly) Set aside.
- Add all the rest of ingredients to the ramekin, and whisk or stir with a fork very briskly. Add the baking soda-cider vinegar mixture to the ramekin and stir in well. Stir, scraping sides, until clump free.
- Cook in microwave for 1 minute and 30 Seconds Take a knife between the bowl and muffin and slide around to loosen edges. Cool enough to handle, then remove from bowl and cut in half sideways.
- You can also make several and bake them together on a baking pan at 400 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes, until middle is firm.
- No matter how you cooked them, now they need to be toasted. If you do not toast them, you will not get that muffin like texture. Toast in a buttered or oiled frying pan, until lightly browned on each side. Use a spatula to press the tops of muffins lightly down while pan toasting.
- Cool after pan toasting and eat immediately or place a piece of parchment paper between each half then into a zippered freezer bag. Into the freezer they go.
- Take out night before needed and defrost in fridge. If you don't have the time, you can take out of freezer when needed and defrost in microwave for 25 seconds. How ever you defrost them, you need to pan toast them again or put in toaster oven (not a toaster) for a toast cycle.