Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I ran out of soy sauce (which I use coconut aminos anyway) and really wanted some stir-fry with shrimp so I came up with this and hubby loves it. It has a light heat to it but isn't real spicy.
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, can use coconut oil for pan
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- If you are using raw shrimp you will need to remove shells and vein.
- First prepare the marinade by mixing the almond butter, coconut oil, sesame oil, water, vinegar, honey, sriracha sauce, rep pepper flakes, garlic and salt together in a bowl large enough to hold all shrimp.
- Once you have cleaned shrimp (you can use precooked for this if you wish but remove the tails) add shrimp to marinade, stir and let set 20-30 minutes.
- While shrimp are marinading cut vegetables and mushrooms.
- When shrimp are done marinading, Place frozen and fresh vegetables in heated wok or skillet (I have a vegetable basket I place on the grill for mine). Stir in the hot oil for 1-2 minutes. Add shrimp but not all the sauce. Stir shrimp into vegetables and let cook till heated through. Add remaining marinade sauce and stir.
- Cook until shrimp are pink and vegetables are done but still on the lightly crisp side. (if using precooked shrimp make sure you get it heated through good).
- Serve with grilled summer squash or grilled romaine lettuce.
We don't follow a Paleo diet, but this recipe sounded good. I chose to use fresh vegetables (minus the carrots) and subbed in a red pepper instead. Husband gave it a thumbs up. :)