Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From : http://deliciouslyorganic.net/coffee-cake-coconut-flour-recipe-gluten-free/
Make and share this Paleo Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 large eggs (organic and pastured preferred)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 125 ml yoghurt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter or 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 cup honey (I used clover)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups almonds or 1 1⁄2 cups pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups cashews, etc
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons honey (I used clover)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or 4 tablespoons coconut oil, cold, cut into tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and adjust rack to middle position. Place all the batter ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Pour batter into a buttered 8 x 8 - inch baking dish. Wipe out food processor bowl with a paper towel or cloth. Place nuts, cinnamon, honey and butter in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until nuts are coarsely chopped and ingredients bind together. Drop spoonfuls of topping over batter and then using a butter knife, swirl the topping into the top layer of the batter. Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for 20 minutes. Cut and serve. Coffee cake is best served the day it is prepared.