Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From http://www.elanaspantry.com/paleo-chocolate-frosting/ Seriously delicious. I make mine all in the Thermomix.
Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄4 cup cacao, powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pulse together dry ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse in wet ingredients.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners and scoop ¼ cup into each.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool, ice and serve.
- n a small saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate and coconut oil.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Place frosting in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from refrigerator and whip frosting with a hand blender until thick and fluffy.
I doubled the recipe & added a tsp vanilla, I also used a little less than the 1/2 c honey. I used an unsweetened raw cacao powder. I mixed it all in the ninja blender. I was a thick fluffy batter. The first thing if noticed is how much they smell like regular cupcakes while baking. They did form to my silicone cupcake pan and rose just to the top of each muffin hole. At 20 mins, a toothpick came out clean & they fell right out of the pan onto a cooling rack. The bottoms look a little dark so maybe less time on the next batch. I made 12 cupcakes and had a little batter left over. <br/>I cut one ope n, still steaming, and split it with my husband. We both agree that these are pretty darn good. They are less sweet than traditional cupcakes & I have to iced them so maybe that will make a difference. But still quite yummy. They are a little grainy textured but fluffy and moist at the same time. I will definitely make these again. Happy birthday to my little guy!
No direction onhow much honey to add to the cupcakes or how much coconut oil to add for the frosting. Paleo baking seems to be an exact science and im a bit worried about ruining these for my son's birthday. Hopefully google will have a suggestion.