Recipe by CookieMonster1988
This is a recipe I like to make for my boyfriend who recently started venturing into the realm of Paleo. We both think their great and they even ship well!
Top Review by velocity99
I did not make this recipe so I shouldn't be rating it. My review is really for the fact that these cookies are being called paleo when they really are not. Sweetened coconut is most definitely NOT paleo. Some purists would even argue that butter isn't either and at the very least should say grass-fed butter. Nestle's chocolate chips are also NOT paleo. You need to use very dark chocolate. I am sure these cookies are tasty but they are not paleo. No paleo recipe would have 20.5g sugar in one cookie! That's a lot!
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup stevia
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nestle chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 (5/8 ounce) packet no-sugar-added hot chocolate mix (or just cocoa powder for strict paleos)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter, stevia, and vanilla.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Carefully mix.
- Mix in chocolate chips and coconut. Drop by rounded tablespoons and flatten or shape as you wish, these cookies do not spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (only until they look slightly under-done) and allow to cool on sheet for 2 minutes.