Recipe by Spectatrix
Delicious paleo/primal (and gluten-free) muffins. Great for breakfast or dessert!
Top Review by hallibovia
Best paleo recipe that I've tried for ANYTHING. Totally delicious!!! Moist and tasty. I brought these over to a brunch with a bunch of non-paleos for my brother to try (he seems sensitive to wheat). They were snatched up by everyone and scarfed quickly (all non-paleo folks). I will definitely be making them again this week. I thought I might take them to work in the morning for a quick breakfast this week, but they are almost all gone! They look like a bran muffin but they are scrumptious! SO MOIST!
- 2 cups almond meal (or almond flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Blend bananas, dates, eggs, vinegar, and coconut oil in a food processor.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry and fold in carrots.
- Spoon into greased or lined muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes (or 20 minutes for mini-muffins).