Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great way to get your veggies at breakfast. A very fulfilling, tasty and healthy breakfast that fits in with the Paleo lifetstyle.You can substitute the squash with whatever vegetables you have handy or in the freezer. If you are trying for low-fat you can also use less butter and olive oil. The tomatoes add a sweet pop to the hash, I used mini heirloom tomatoes. I recommend grass-fed butter like Kerrygold brand.This was served with some turkey bacon. Nom, nom nom...
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter to pan. Add garlic and onion and saute for 2 minutes, then add chopped squash or your favorite vegetable, cook for 2 more minutes, then add mushrooms. Cook for 5-minutes or until almost compete.
- At this point add salt and pepper, then add tomatoes and spinach and cook until spinach wilts. Drain well before plating.
- While finishing this prepare eggs to your liking (I like over medium as this is easiest) in another pan.
- To serve, drained hash mixture to and then add to individual plates. On top of hash add 2 cooked eggs per person.
- This is nice served with a side of bacon, and some avocado.
Loved this recipe.
We actually made it as a side dish for supper and then ate the leftovers with eggs in the morning. I didn't put in the cherry tomatoes because I don't like cooked cherry tomatoes - but other than that, I followed the recipe.
This is a keeper!!!!
Really amazing recipe! I used sweet potatoes instead of the squash cause I didn't have any. And I added pieces of cooked bacon at the end and only used 1 egg. It was a very yummy dish! Will definitely make it again!
I felt like I could have had twice as many veggies! It was good, but I'd love to make this again with half the oil/butter and twice the amount of veggies. Also, I only used one egg. But good combo and I'd like to try it again with those updates.