Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
This is an amazingly delicious paleo breakfast or dessert "bread". It's like an apple explosion in your mouth! Gluten- and dairy-free.
- 2 cups almond meal (or almond flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients and stir into the dry mix.
- Add diced apples and stir to distribute evenly in the batter.
- Place the batter in an oiled cake pan, loaf pan, or muffin tin.
- Bake for ~30 minutes if using a cake/loaf pan or 14 minutes for muffins.