1/2 Photos of Palate Pleaser's Lentil Soup
1 hr 20 mins
From Palate Pleasers II Cookbook. Posted by John Kovac.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups chicken broth (I like to use stock)
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups dried lentils
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, scraped and chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1Combine broth, water, lentils and tomato in a large Dutch Oven; stir well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 2Saute onion, celery, carrot, and garlic in oil in a large skillet until the vegetables are tender. Add the sauteed vegetables to the lentil mixture. Stir well.
- 3Add tomato paste and remaining ingredients, stirring well. Bring to a boil.
- 4Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Ladle soup into individual soup bowls.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Palate Pleaser's Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (3755 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 802.9
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1530.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 55.9 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 54.0 g