Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this today for dinner and all at home loved it! For one thing, its very nutritious and for another, its tasty and a nice variation from the usual white colour roti.
- Clean and wash spinach.
- Place in a pan with little water and onion.
- Cook until tender.
- Drain and grind to a paste.
- Sift flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Add spinach and milk to make a stiff dough.
- Knead the dough well.
- Divide it into 20 parts.
- Roll them out into round puris of 3" (7 1/2 cms) diameter each.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and fry 1 or 2 puris at a time.
- Turn once.
- Remove when both sides are cooked.
- Serve hot with youghurt.
This was really good . It had a deep leafy green colour and were a nice variation to our regular pooris. Added caraway seeds to the dough. Next time wud add some garlic too with the onion to enhance the flavour. Served this with jeera aloo, aloo boondi raita and lemon pickle. yummm!